Monday, May 17, 2010

Musing Mondays 5-17-10

Musing Mondays2Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about movies based on books…
What happens when you see a movie based on a book/story, especially one you’ve not read? Do you feel the need to track it down and read it?
PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Musing Mondays post, or share your opinion in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks.

**MUSING MONDAYS is hosted by Rebecca at Just One More Page...

I try to read the book first before seeing the movie, as I find the book is almost always much better. If I do happen to see a movie that was based on a book that I did not read, I will try to locate the book if I really enjoyed the movie.

With the Harry Potter books, I for some reason decided to read each book right before the movie came out. So, I have not read book 7 yet - and of course, because so much time has passed since reading book 6, I am going to need to review book 6 before starting book 7 when I get around to reading it. Isn't it funny how bizarre our reading habits can be?
What about you?


SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I hear ya... I don't know that I've ever found a movie to be better than the book version--adding pictures maybe...

    ~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. see, I always want to see the movie first, for the same reason that the book is almost always better.
    I like movies...but I love books.
    I will read a book based on a movie I liked, but seeing a movie based on a book I loved is, in my opinion, asking to often be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh! I want eve to find bonnie's killer finally! this has been going on for years!!! and i love iris johanson's books!

    btw, i have an award for you at my blog ~
    http://anovelsource.blogspot.com/2010/05/roll-out-red-carpetbodacious-bloggers.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harry Potter is another one in which I've seen the movies but have no desire to read the books (shh, don't let my sons hear me say that).

    Stacy, I agree, reveal Bonnie's killer already. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually try to read the book before seeing the movie... actually, I refuse to see the movie if I haven't read and finished the book!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love interacting with other book lovers and appreciate any thoughts or feedback! If you read a book after seeing my review, please let me know. Come back and leave me a link to your review so I can read it. Thank you!!!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig