Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays (9.7.10)


MizB of Should Be Reading hosts Teaser Tuesday. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
 Here's a tease of what I am currently reading:


As they drove in silence on the winding river road, Mary wondered if grief was ever a singular event, or if ghosts lurk in any passing. She felt a parade in the death of her father: the erosion of her mother's mind; the splintering of her marriage; the slipping away of the babies she'd named but never known.

From The Wife's Tale by Lori Lansens, pg. 27.

Please leave a comment with a link to your teaser so I can stop by.

15 comments:

  1. Poignant teaser!

    Here's mine:

    Click my name for the URL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it would be an interesting read. THanks for sharing the teaser!!

    Here's my Tuesday Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this one on my shelves and cannot wait to read it. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/09/teaser-tuesdays-what-alice-knew-a-most-curious-tale-of-henry-james-and-jack-the-ripper.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo how sad but definitely something to think about :)


    Here is my TT :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's sad. =( Great teaser though. Thanks for dropping by my site.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A sad and touching teaser. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds as though she's been through a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful teaser! Sounds like a interesting book.

    Here's mine:http://bookmarkyourthoughts.blogspot.com/2010/09/teaser-tuesday-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one sounds depressing. Thanks for stopping by our blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooooh--great teaser, Kristin! I really want to read this one....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love interacting with other book lovers and appreciate any thoughts or feedback! If you read a book after seeing my review, please let me know. Come back and leave me a link to your review so I can read it. Thank you!!!

 

Always With a Book Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare