Tuesday, December 07, 2010

FIR '10: Reading Question #11

FIR is hosted by Katrina at Callapidderdays.
Every Tuesday this fall, Katrina will be posting a question about reading.


Today's question: Do you ever read the end of a book before you actually get there? Have you sneaked a peek at the last page or two to find out what happens? Or do you faithfully avoid the final pages until you’ve “earned” them by reading to that point?
 
No, I do not read the end of a book before getting there. I like to be surprised as to what is going to happen. What I do tend to do is to see how many pages are in the book and how many chapters. I don't know why I do this, but after reading the first few pages (to make sure I am going to keep reading) I flip to the back and check how many pages and how many chapters. I've been doing this for so long I can't remember a time I didn't do it.
 
What about you? Do you read the end of the book before getting to it?

3 comments:

  1. I did this once because it was a DNF and I thought it would make me feel better - It did :-)

    I would never on a book I was enjoying though

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sometimes take a peek at how many pages there are, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I NEVER peek at the last few pages to see how the book ended... I always look to see how many pages are in the book. It kind of helps me gauge about how many days it will take me to read the book.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love interacting with other book lovers and appreciate any thoughts or feedback! If you read a book after seeing my review, please let me know. Come back and leave me a link to your review so I can read it. Thank you!!!

 

Always With a Book Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare