Monday, April 11, 2011

It's Monday - What Are You Reading? (4.11.11)



It’s Monday What Are you Reading , hosted by Sheila, is the perfect way for me to begin my week and allows me to focus on what needs to be read and to see what I have or have not accomplished the previous week. I also enjoy discovering new books by visiting other participants blogs.

Spring finally seems to have come to the Northeast and I am able to enjoy sitting on my enclosed porch in the afternoon sun and read! While last week was busy with workshops and trainings for work, I was still able to get quite a bit of reading in. Hopefully the trend continues as my tbr piles aren't getting smaller fast enough!
Books Completed last week:
  • Blackberry Crumble by Josi S. Kilpack (review book)
  • Bedeviled Eggs by Laura Childs (review book)
  • The Bone Trail by Nell Walton (review book)
Reading Now:
  • Already Home by Susan Mallery (review book)
  • Cleopatra: A Life by Stacy Schiff (book club book, mine)
Next:
  • The Goodbye Quilt by Susan Wiggs (review book)
  • The Hundred Secret Senses by Amy Tan (review book)
Reviews completed this past week: 
Other Posts related to books:
Books for which I need to finish reviews:
  • The Bone Trail by Nell Walton (review book - will be posted later today)
  • Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult (library audio book)
  • Bedeviled Eggs by Laura Childs (review book)
  • Hannah's List by Debbie Macomber (mine, e-book)
Contest information:

What about you?  What does your reading week look like this week?  Whatever it is, happy reading and have a good week!

12 comments:

  1. You had a great week! I am not making plans for this week. I'm going to choose from the stack based on my mood. My Monday Report is here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kathy Martin It seems as if all I'm doing lately is reading review books...I'm hoping to get ahead so that I can sneak in one or two of my books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can not wait to be able to sit outside and read! Still a bit chilly here in Minnesota and it is annoying how long it is taking to warm up... we had one day tat reached the high 50's so far this year.... I was thrilled - I went on a bike ride :)

    Your books look good - have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sheila (Bookjourney) I love sitting outside reading...it's so peaceful! Plus, I love going for walks with my puppy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Already Home it was such a great book. I did a couple of reading outside days last week and aiming for some more this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Felicia the Geeky Blogger I am about 50 pages in so far and it's great! I'm hoping to be outside this week, too, reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great reading week. Its almost warm enough to sit outside and read today - except there is a lot of wind cooling it off! I will have to settle with sitting inside beside an open window!

    I didn't participate this week because my blog is undergoing some major changes but I will be back next week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Bonnie I saw that...I'm anxious to see what the new look will be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed The Hundred Secret Senses, hope you do too! I've got a few Orange Prize longlisters lined up, but secretly I'm waiting for the shortlist to be announced tomorrow, list.too.long ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Chinoiseries Hundred Secret Senses will by my first Amy Tan book - but I've heard great things about her books. Will have to check out the shortlist to see what's on it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had a great week! I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things...but not quite up to what I had been doing. Happy reading this coming week!
    Here's my Monday: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/04/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_11.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Bev Hankins I seem to go through spurts, too. I have had a few weeks where I was able to read four or five books, but those weeks seem to be few and far between!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love interacting with other book lovers and appreciate any thoughts or feedback! If you read a book after seeing my review, please let me know. Come back and leave me a link to your review so I can read it. Thank you!!!

 

Always With a Book Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare