Wednesday, October 26, 2011

FIR '11: Reading Question #5


FIR is hosted by Katrina at Callapidderdays.

Every Wednesday this fall, Katrina will be posting a question about reading.

Today's question:
Do you skim? Or are you faithful to read every word?
 
I have to admit that I am one of those readers that reads every word on the page the majority of the time - a fact that at times drives my husband nuts because he tends to be a skimmer. I just feel that the words are there for a reason and I therefore need to read them. 
 
There are times, though, that I do find myself skimming, mostly because either I am not really into the book or because I feel that the author is going on too much with descriptions and I just want to get to the meat of the story. While I very rarely do not finish a book, I find that skimming helps me get through it a little easier. 

What about you? Are you dedicated to reading every word (even the boring ones)? Or have you been known to skim over some passages?
 

2 comments:

  1. While I do read every word there have been times that I've skimmed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read every word of a book, front to back. My stepfather will pick up any book my mom is reading and start where she is reading...it drives us both nuts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love interacting with other book lovers and appreciate any thoughts or feedback! If you read a book after seeing my review, please let me know. Come back and leave me a link to your review so I can read it. Thank you!!!

 

Always With a Book Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare