Monday, June 11, 2012

It's Monday...What Are You Reading? (6.11.12)




It’s Monday What Are you Reading , hosted by Sheila, is the perfect way for me to begin my week and allows me to focus on what needs to be read and to see what I have or have not accomplished the previous week. I also enjoy discovering new books by visiting other participants blogs.


This past week I participated in Armchair BEA for the first time. It was great to meet so many new bloggers and reconnect with some I've come across before. I learned some great new tips that I hope to implement on my blog and use with networking outside the blog.  Unfortunately due to a severe migraine that came on Wednesday and lasted a few days, I was sidelined from spending too much time on the computer. I plan this week to go back and do some more visiting, especially the posts on networking and asking the experts. Did you participate?

Books Completed last week:

  • The Secret Keeper by Sandra Byrd (review book)
  • Karma by Carly Phillips (library book)
  • Three to Get Deadly by Janet Evanovich (library audio book)
  • Whiplash by Catherine Coulter (mine)
Reading Now: 
  • The Masque of the Black Tulip by Lauren Willig (mine)
  • Death du Jour by Kathy Reichs (library audio book) - in car/house
  • Still Missing by Chevy Stevens (library audio book) - ipod
Next:   
  • The Last Queen by CW Gortner (mine)
  • Big Sky Country by Linda Lael Miller (review book)
  • The Quilter's Apprentice by Jennifer Chiaverini
Reviews completed last week:
Other Posts related to books:
Books for which I need to finish reviews:
  • Raising Wild Ginger by Tara Woolpy
  • Home Front by Kristin Hannah
  • Knock Out by Catherine Coulter 
  • Death Threads by Elizabeth Lynn Casey
  • Two for the Dough by Janet Evanovich
  • Big Cherry Holler by Adriana Trigiani
  • The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown 
  • Karma by Carly Phillips
  • Three to Get Deadly by Janet Evanovich 
  • Whiplash by Catherine Coulter
Contest information:  
  • Check back soon!
What about you?  What does your reading week look like this week?  Whatever it is, happy reading and have a good week!

SHARE:

28 comments

  1. I like the cover of The Secret Keeper and you are in for a treat with Chevy Stevens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am about a half hour into the Chevy Stevens book and so far it's really interesting.

      Delete
  2. I look forward to your review of Still Missing on audio. I wonder what the narrator sounds like. Will it be a creepy voice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's not creepy at all. So far, I am liking the audio.

      Delete
  3. I enjoy the Pink Carnation books but I didn't finish the latest one. I think the earlier books in the series are the best. Masque of the Black Tulip might be my favorite actually. I hope you enjoy it!

    I didn't participate in Armchair BEA this year though I did think about it. I'm not supposed to spend a lot of time on my laptop because of my wrist injury so I don't blog as much as I used to. Migraines are the pits. I hope you are feeling much better and are able to get caught up. You still managed to finish quite a few books even with being ill for part of the week. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I'm enjoying Masque of the Black Tulip. The first book was fun and I hope the rest of the series is, too, as I already bought the next four!

      I've had migraines forever and they hadn't been so bad lately, but last week was horrible. Luckily they had subsided by the weekend and I was able to get in some quality reading time. Sorry to hear about your wrist injury - hope it's getting better!

      Delete
  4. I see several on your list that I've loved...Still Missing is at the top of the list. I also enjoyed Home Front.

    I need to catch up on the Stephanie Plums....I think I've said this before! Plus...The Last Boyfriend looks good, as I enjoyed the first book in the trilogy.

    Have a great week! Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, I'm enjoying Still Missing. I'm having fun listening to the Stephanie Plum series. So far I've gotten through 3 books. I'm taking a short break on them to get to some other audios, but then I hope to get the next book on audio.

      I loved The Last Boyfriend, even better than the first one.

      Delete
  5. Ooo! What did you think of Home Front? We are getting ready to read it for a book group. :)

    Happy reading this week!
    What are YOU reading @ The Brunette Librarian??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it to be a heartwarming story of the casualties of war on the families. It was sad, but a really good story. I'd be interested in the discussions that might come up at a book club meeting.

      Delete
  6. Armchair BEA was fun but I didn't get to visit everyone I wanted to. Just ran out of time but I saved the list to keep working on.

    I love Jennifer Chiaverini. She is from Wisconsin about 1 hour from me but I have never met her.

    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard good things about her series, so I'm excited to start it.

      I'm hoping to go back and visit some blogs from Armchair BEA too.

      Delete
  7. I had a great time participating in Armchair BEA, sorry you got sidelined but I look forward to reading the rest of your posts. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good thing about Armchair BEA is that even though it's over, the posts remain, so I can still go back and read what I missed out on.

      Delete
  8. Wow, so many great books on your list :) I've never read anything by Stephen King before - way too scary for me. But "11.22.63" is not scary at all, you should really give it a chance ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to look into 11.22.63. Thanks!

      Delete
  9. you've had a busy week I'm definitely gonna check out reviews the ones you've reviewed that I have read I agree with you are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...it doesn't always feel like I get much done each week, but then I put together this post and I realize I did have a somewhat productive week.

      Delete
  10. Hope your migraine is better. I now how that limits time on the computer. Have a great reading week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily it was gone by the weekend and so far this week, it seems to be staying away.

      Delete
  11. The Masque of the Black Tulip sounds like a really interesting story!
    Have a great week (no migraines are invited this time!).

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had fun with ABEA as well, I'm sorry about your migraine - suffer from them as well so you have my sympathy!

    Wishing you a great reading week!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they the worst? Luckily I don't get them nearly as often as I used to.

      Delete
  13. Three to Get Deadly was great, but I thought Four to Score was even better. Whew! I love Lauren Willig's books. Hope you are as well! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to get Four to Score once I finish the Kathy Reichs audio. So far, I am really enjoying the series.

      Delete
  14. I just now discovered your blog. I want to join in your discussions but haven't read anything from your list above, but definitely want to check them out. Right now I am currently finishing up "The Romanov Stone" by Robert C. Yeager... a great historical romance that takes place during the Romanov era in Russia. Great book!
    http://www.robertcyeager.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really fascinated by Russian history as well. This year alone, I've picked up two books that deal with Catherine the Great - but I've yet to read them (hopefully soon, though!). I've also seen another book about the Romanov's that I have on my tbr list. Thanks for stopping by and I can't wait to hear more about the book you're reading.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love interacting with other book lovers and appreciate any thoughts or feedback! If you read a book after seeing my review, please let me know. Come back and leave me a link to your review so I can read it. Thank you!!!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig