Monday, September 17, 2012

It's Monday...What Are You Reading? (9.17.12)




It’s Monday What Are you Reading , hosted by Sheila, is the perfect way for me to begin my week and allows me to focus on what needs to be read and to see what I have or have not accomplished the previous week. I also enjoy discovering new books by visiting other participants blogs.

Fall is definitely in the air and I am loving it!!! I spent some time this past weekend creating some fall displays around the house - thank you Pinterest for all the great ideas! I love the smell of pumpkin spice candles - even not lit they give the house such a great smell.

Hopefully we will be heading to our cabin later this week for a nice long weekend (4-5 days). I'm already planning now what books to bring as I tend to get lots of reading time in while hubby is out cutting trees, fishing, etc. 

Books Completed last week:

  • Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah (library audio book)
  • Attorney-Client Privilege by Pamela Samuels Young (review book)
  • Back Fire by Catherine Coulter (library book)
Reading Now: 
  • The Apprentice by Tess Gerritsen (mine)
  • Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel (mine)
  • Four to Score by Janet Evanovich (library audio book) - in car/house
  • I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella (library audio book) - ipod
Next:   
  • The Meryl Streep Book Club by Mia March (review book)
  • Milk Glass Moon by Adriana Trigiani (mine)
  • Love Anthony by Lisa Genova (review audio book)
 Reviews Completed last week:
 Other posts related to books:
Books for which I need to finish reviews:
  • A Stitch in Crime by Betty Hechtman 
  • At the King's Pleasure by Kate Emerson
  • The King's Damsel by Kate Emerson
  • The Good Woman by Jane Porter
  • Last to Die by Tess Gerritsen
  • Sheltering Hearts by Robyn Carr 
  • Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah
  • Back Fire by Catherine Coulter
What about you?  What does your reading week look like this week?  Whatever it is, happy reading and have a good week!

SHARE:

24 comments

  1. I am curious how is Stephanie Plum on Audio. I think that this one really must come down to the narrator. It is a funny series but only the right person could read it right. I was disappointed in the movie.

    Lisa
    Lisa's World of Books, Week Recap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The early books are narrated by CJ Critt and she is phenomenal...she does a mean NJ accent! I've heard that the narrator switches to Lorelei King at some point and that she is pretty good, too.

      I haven't seen the movie yet and not sure if I will to be honest.

      Delete
  2. I want to read The Inn at Rose Harbor...I'm going to check out your review. Also looking forward to Bloggiesta.

    Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great beginning to what I hope will be another great series by her! I can't wait for Bloggiesta - so much to do!!!

      Delete
  3. Great reading week for you. Fall is on it way here this week so the weatherman tells me. Looking forward to Bloggiesta too, I need to update my review links and challenges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Updating my review links and challenges is definitely on my to-do list for Bloggiesta...I always seem to forget to update them!

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness ---- LOVED Winter's Garden. What did you think about it? The only book in a LONG long time that I actually cried at the end. :)

    Happy reading this week! Whatcha readin' this week @ the Brunette Librarian :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it, too!!! I listened to the audio and the narrator did a phenomenal job with the Russian accent when the mother was telling her story. I can definitely see myself listening/reading to this again!

      Delete
  5. You always have a great stack Kristin! Some of them I've read, some of them are on my wish list :)

    Have a great time at the cabin, bring along plenty of books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...I can't wait to get up to the cabin - fresh mountain air, cool weather with the fire going - perfect reading atmosphere!

      Delete
  6. Wow, great books :) Quite a few of these are part of my tbr list :) I hope you'll enjoy them all, so happy reading/listening & have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...I'm hoping they will all be good!

      Delete
  7. I enjoyed Winter Garden. Hope you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice list of books :)
    I really liked I've Got Your Number. I hope you're enjoying it, too! :)

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've Got Your Number is good - pretty funny at times, especially with all those "footnotes" she adds!

      Delete
  9. I've got Winter Garden on my TBR and I just won Night Road from Book Journey during BBAW -- I better get reading.

    Have a good week and a super-relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will really enjoy Winter Garden - I loved it! Night Road was good, too - a bit sad, but a great story.

      Delete
  10. A weekend of reading at the cabin sounds perfect. I hope you have a wonderful time and get a lot of reading done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have heard that Wolf Hall was really good! And I have Back Fire sitting on my table next to me actually!!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started reading it for the read-a-long, but then got too busy to do that. I was enjoying it, so I do plan on finishing it.

      Back Fire was great - I couldn't put it down!

      Delete
  12. So glad to hear Winter Garden was wonderful on audio, I've just started it. I love Tess Gerritsen, hope you enjoy The Apprentice.
    Have a great week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winter Garden is amazing on audio...I hope you are enjoying it. Have you seen the Rizzoli & Isles tv show? That's how I found out about the books. I've read book 1 and the latest one, Last to Die. They are really good!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love interacting with other book lovers and appreciate any thoughts or feedback! If you read a book after seeing my review, please let me know. Come back and leave me a link to your review so I can read it. Thank you!!!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig