Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Year in Review: 2012



2012 has been a great year. I've been blogging for almost three years now and am always humbled when I read your comments and see that I have new followers. I have been introduced to so many great authors and books as a result of blogging. Thank you to all who visit my blog.

My top reads of 2012 are (in no particular order):

So, here are my stats for 2012. Overall, I completed 156 books (that includes audio books) which is the most I have ever read in one year! I also participated in some fun challenges that caused me to alter some of my reading habits - all for the good.


Challenges participated in that have ended:

Goal: 100+ books
Completed: 126 books (did not include audio books in this challenge)

Goal: 37 library books
Completed: 53 books

Goal: 30 books
Completed: 28 books

Goal: 12
Completed: 12

Goal: 15
Completed: 15

Goal: 6
Completed: 6 + 10 additional

Goal: 3
Completed: 3 + 4 additional

Goal: 13
Completed: 13

Goal: 29
Completed: 25


Of the 9 year-long reading challenges that I participated in for 2012, I completed 8. Once again, I didn't meet my goal on the Off the Shelf reading challenge - but I did make a dent in those books sitting on my shelves. Maybe 2013 will be the year I make that goal.

In the next few days I will be adding the challenges that I plan on participating in during 2013 - they are a combination of ones I've done before and some new ones. I think at last count, I have 11 that I will be signing up for...perhaps I need to sign up for the Reading Challenge Addicts Challenge (which would make 12!).


Thank you again to all my readers - I love reading and sharing with you my thoughts on the books I read. I also love reading all your blogs. I look forward to seeing what 2013 brings for my reading.
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Looks like you had a really good reading year! I'm selecting my reading challenges for the upcoming year too and ooh boy, I thought I was going to slow down on them, but there are too many that I like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - there are so many good ones out there. I actually decided to not do some that I thought I would...I want to challenge myself, but don't want to stress myself out trying to complete too many!

      Delete
  2. neat! here is my wrap-up, with pies and charts:
    http://wordsandpeace.com/2013/01/03/year-of-reading-2012/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love interacting with other book lovers and appreciate any thoughts or feedback! If you read a book after seeing my review, please let me know. Come back and leave me a link to your review so I can read it. Thank you!!!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig