Saturday, November 02, 2013

Month in Review: October 2013

Wow...I can't believe there are only 2 months left in 2013...I really need to get my butt in gear if I am going to get any more of my reading challenges done. As you can see below, I've only completed 4 of the 12 I've signed up for so far and I already know I'm probably not going to be finish the Off the Shelf Challenge. But, if I'm going to complete the other 7, I believe that would mean I would need to read 26 books, which does not include the 8 review books I have already committed to reading between now and the end of the year...it's going to be a very busy 2 months!!! 

In other news, I have signed up to walk my first 1/2 marathon!!! You might remember that last March I did a 3-day 50 mile walk for the MS Society with my mom. While that event was a lot of fun, we decided that not only did we want to do something different this time around, we wanted to do a one-day event. Hence the half marathon. The event is in March and it will be in Washington DC and I will again be walking with my Mom - my favorite walking buddy!!! I cannot wait and have already starting my training. Our goal for this is to walk the 13.1 miles in under 3.5 hours which I think for us is totally doable. Do you have any fitness goals you are working towards?


Here are my reading stats for October!
  • Books read:  10

Books I read (reviewed ones have * and link to review; books not yet reviewed will be linked up once review is posted.)
  1. The Girl You Left Behind-- Jojo Moyes
  2. Hush Little Baby* -- Suzanne Redfearn
  3. Getting Rowdy*-- Lori Foster
  4. Christmas At The Beach* -- Wendy Wax (e-book)
  5. Silencing Eve* -- Iris Johansen (print/audio)
  6. With Open Eyes -- Iris Johansen (e-book)
  7. Only Yours --Susan Mallery
  8. The Perfect Match* -- Kristan Higgins (e-book)
  9. Only His -- Susan Mallery
  10. The Engagements -- J. Courtney Sullivan (audio)

Favorite Book of October:  
 

  • The Girl You Left Behind by Jojo Moyes

2013 Challenge Update:

  •  Read-a-Latte Reading Challenge -- Books Read: 104/100 (COMPLETED)
  •  Library Books Reading Challenge -- Books Read: 47/50
  •  Off the Shelf Reading Challenge -- Books Read: 11/30
  •  Tea & Books Reading Challenge -- Books Read: 0/2
  •  First Reads Reading Challenge -- Books Read: 36/11+ (COMPLETED)
  •  Classics Reading Challenge -- Books Read: 1/3
  •  Historical Fiction Reading Challenge -- Books read: 24/25
  •  E-Book Reading Challenge -- Books Read: 33/25 (COMPLETED)
  •  1st in a Series Challenge -- Series started: 6/10 + 6
  •  Finish the Series Challenge -- Series completed: 1/3 + 2
  •  Cruising Thru the Cozies Reading Challenge -- Books Read: 8/13+
  •  Audio Book Challenge -- Books Listened To: 30/26 (COMPLETED)
  •  Reading Challenge Addict Challenge - Challenges Finished: 4/12
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Great summary, Kristin! I'd love to read The Girl You Left Behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to read The Girl You Left Behind this month. You did some good reading in October. I didn't realize that 2 months are left in 2013! Time is flying. I gave up on challenges last year because they began to stress me out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great reading month. I am behind on my reading challenges too. It is hard to believe the year is almost over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. woot! I need to find a half marathon here that can be walked. I totally would train for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great month, i'm not yet familiar with these titles. I didn't know we could do walking half-marathons, I love walling and do it a lot, need to look into that, thanks! Here is my recap: http://wordsandpeace.com/2013/11/08/2013-october-wrap-up/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love interacting with other book lovers and appreciate any thoughts or feedback! If you read a book after seeing my review, please let me know. Come back and leave me a link to your review so I can read it. Thank you!!!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig