I typically fail at TBR reading challenges despite having so many of my own books sitting on my shelves just waiting to be read...Each year without fail, I sign up for the challenges, saying "this year will be different...I will read my own books...I will make a dent in those piles sitting own my shelves" and without fail, those are the challenges that I never seem to make any progress on.
What I love about this challenge is that we can make our own rules for it. I'm not going to put too many rules on myself other than to try to not buy too many new books and try to BALANCE reading my own books with all the review books I take on. The books can be physical or e-books (I have quite a collection of e-books on my iPad that need to be read as well, so might as well include those, too!) and they can be books I have purchased whenever, meaning I can include books I buy this year.
My goal is to read at least 18 of my own books by the end of the year.
I'll keep track of them here...
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
- Paris for One by Jojo Moyes (e-book)
- Private L.A. by James Patterson
- Since She Went Away by David Bell
- In the Woods by Tana French
- A Kiss in the Snow by Susan Mallery (e-book)
- Sweeter Than You by Susan Mallery (e-book)
- The Perfect Girl by Gilly Macmillan
- The Girl Before by Rena Olsen
- Little Black Dress by James Patterson
- The Bat by Jo Nesbso