Sunday, March 20, 2016

#FitReaders: Weekly Check-in March 18


 
    
 

The week started out good, but then between having a huge bid due Thursday and coming down with a cold, it didn't end quite as well as I hoped! Oh well...these things happen. I might have to stick with just walking and light yoga until I'm done with the cold - I'm so congested that trying to do that Bootcamp Body Workout is just too tough right now. Hopefully the cold will pass quickly - lots of fluids and sleep on my agenda!
 
Here's how my week went:     
Mar 12:  10,959 steps (25 minute fitness walk; 15 minute Yoga workout)
Mar 13:  7,784 steps
Mar 14:  15,008 steps
(5K- 4.15 Charity miles for Girls on Run; Bootcamp Body Workout)
Mar 15:  10,656 steps (15 minutes Yoga workout)
Mar 16:  7,510 steps

Mar 17:
6,630 steps
Mar 18: 
13,036 steps

 
Audiobooks listened to this week: 


  • Started Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, narrated by Emma Messenger - almost done :)

How did your week go? You can find this week's link-up here.


Virtual 5K /10K Tally:
     January:  
           5K  -  3
         10K -  0
     February:
           5K -  4
         10K - 1

     March:
          5K -  2
        10K - 0


8 comments:

  1. Nice week :) The charity things sounds nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so easy - it's just an app on my phone that I turn on when I walk - and it tracks my walk and then donates so many cents per mile...easy peasy and a great way to give back while walking! Georgia had mentioned something about it on Facebook a while back. I do Girls on the Run b/c my niece is part of a club that they organize.

      Delete
  2. Wow you did so many 5Ks in the last 3 months! And a 10K? That's amazing! It is hard to do anything with a cold. Makes it hard to breath. Hope you feel better soon.

    I hope you're enjoying Jane Eyre. The narrator can make a world of difference. It took me a long time to read it way back when because the common English language used so many different words than we do now. I had to look up so many in the dictionary. I'm having a tough time with Jane Steele. Let's hope it improves.

    Great job with your steps and workouts, Kristin! I'm loving the #FitReaders community! Thanks for visiting my post at The Readers Den. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! I did most of those 5k's at the gym on the treadmill - can't wait for it to get warmer out so I can start walking outdoors again!

      I really am liking Jane Eyre - the narrator is great! I've heard mixed things about Jane Steele - but I'm willing to give it a go.

      So glad to have you a part of the #FitReader's group - it really is a great group - so motivating and fun!!!

      Delete
    2. Good to hear! I'm going to put Jane Steele down as a DNF. I can't take it anymore. I hope you like it. My friend gave it 5 stars, so you might love it. :)

      I am part of FitBit. I didn't know you could do weekly challenges. I have my daily goal set but didn't look beyond that, lol. I'll see about friending you through email.

      Delete
  3. Colds are the worst! I hope you feel better soon. Nice job with your steps though.

    I will have to check out that Jane Eyre audio book. I love Jane Eyre. I'm curious about Jane Steele. I've read Jane Slayre which I thought was a fun reimagining of Jane Eyre as a vampire slayer. It is a little harder to imagine her as a serial killer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristin, you had a good week of workouts, considering all. Happy first day of Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh! I hope you feel better soon! Great job on the steps, tho!

    I never liked Jane Eyre. Hope you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love interacting with other book lovers and appreciate any thoughts or feedback! If you read a book after seeing my review, please let me know. Come back and leave me a link to your review so I can read it. Thank you!!!

 

Always With a Book Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare