Sunday, July 10, 2016

#FitReaders: Weekly Check-in July 8

 
 
It was a hot week and so it was hard to get motivated to do much...but I did end up doing a 5K outside in the heat in the afternoon - not sure what I was thinking when I decided to do that, but I sure was a hot mess after finishing that! I have a feeling I'm going to be doing a lot of my walks either at the gym or the mall for the foreseeable future!!!

Update on July goals:
  • 10K steps M-F, at least 7,500 steps on the weekend - 4/5  & 2/2
  • Strength-training exercises 3x a week - Done!
  • Yoga 2-3 times a week - at least 15 minutes - Done!
  • Eat mindfully - continue to drink a minimum of 64 oz of water, limit caffeine intake, up intake of fruits and veggies, up intake of protein at each meal, limit intake of sugar. - This is a work in progress, but I did pretty well this week!
 
   
Here's how my week went:     
Jul  2:  8,832 steps (15 min yoga)
Jul  3:  8,244 steps
Jul  4:  12,339 steps
(30 min fitness walk)
Jul  5:  17,642 steps (5K - 3.6 Charity Miles for Girls on the Run)

Jul  6:  12,771 steps (30 min fitness walk, 15 min yoga)

Jul  7:  9
,399 steps (30 min fitness walk)
Jul  8: 
12,172 steps (30 min fitness walk)
Total Steps: 83,312 steps
 
 
Audiobooks listened to this week: 

  • Started & Finished The Nest by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney, narrated by Mia Barron

How did your week go? You can find this week's link-up here.


Virtual 5K /10K Tally:
     January:                               May:
           5K  -  3                                  5K  -  9
         10K  -  0                                10K  -  2
     February:                             June:

           5K  -  4                                  5K  -  5
         10K  -  1                                 10K  -  5                  
     March:                                  July:
           5K  -  4                                  5K  -  2
         10K  -  1                                 10K  -  0
     April:
           5K  -  4
         10K  -  5


SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Nice goals :)
    I should set some too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It helps keep me focused and accountable :)

      Delete
  2. Way to go on your goals! I need to do more upper body strength training, I keep slacking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! And you've already gotten in 2 5k's! Summer seems to be harder for me to get goals and eat healthy. We can do it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love interacting with other book lovers and appreciate any thoughts or feedback! If you read a book after seeing my review, please let me know. Come back and leave me a link to your review so I can read it. Thank you!!!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig