Those of you with Fitbits...have you seen the new Adventure Challenges? They are personal challenges based on step counts. Right now there are 3 of them, all set in Yosemite, with more locations coming soon according to Fitbit, and you can take as long as you need to complete them - or you can finish them in one day. I've done two of them so far and really enjoy them. They are a great individual challenge!
My August Goals:
* Because I will be starting my training schedule for the big walk in September, I am using August as a "rest month."
- 10K steps M-F, at least 7,500 steps on the weekend -Nailed it!!!
- 30 minutes of active walking every day, M-F - 5/5
- Eat mindfully - Way too stressful a week :( This went out the window...this is always my downfall when I'm stressed...
My September Goals:
* I am starting my training for the Challenge Walk MS this month. I am still working out my training schedule, but I know that I will be doing some shorter walks during the week and my longer, distance walks on the weekends. The walk itself is set-up as follows: Day 1 is 22 miles, Day 2 is 18 miles and Day 3 is 10 miles.
Here's how my week went:
Aug 27: 11,184 steps
Aug 28: 13,340 steps
Aug 29: 15,548 steps (30 min fitness walk)
Aug 30: 20,668 steps (5K - 3.3 Charity Miles for MS)
Aug 31: 18,480 steps (5K - 3.29 Charity Miles for MS)
Sep 1: 12,596 steps (30 min fitness walk)
Sep 2: 26,923 steps (10K - 6.5 Charity Miles for MS)
Total Steps: 118,739 steps
Audiobooks listened to this week:
- Started and Finished Under the Harrow by Flynn Berry, narrated by Fiona Hardingham
- Started and Finished The Night Stalker by Robert Bryndza, narrated by Jan Cramer
How did your week go? You can find this week's link-up here.
***In March of 2017, I'll be doing the CHALLENGE WALK MS in Savannah, GA. It is a three-day, 50-mile walk that tests your strength and your spirit, and makes an extraordinary difference in the lives of people with MS and their families.
|To help me reach my fundraising goal, click here :)|
Virtual 5K /10K Tally:
January: May: September:
5K - 3 5K - 9 5K - 0
10K - 0 10K - 2 10K - 1
5K - 4 5K - 5
10K - 1 10K - 5
5K - 4 5K - 3
10K - 1 10K - 1
5K - 4 5K - 8
10K - 5 10K - 1