Monday, April 25, 2011

It's Monday - What Are You Reading? (4.25.11)



It’s Monday What Are you Reading , hosted by Sheila, is the perfect way for me to begin my week and allows me to focus on what needs to be read and to see what I have or have not accomplished the previous week. I also enjoy discovering new books by visiting other participants blogs.

We went up
to our cabin this past weekend which was so relaxing - no tv or internet up there. The weather was not the greatest, so I spent the majority of the time inside reading while hubby was out fishing and  chopping down some trees. We did get in a great game of Scrabble - which I won (doesn't happen very often) so all in all it was a great weekend!
 
Books Completed last week:
  • Deja Dead by Kathy Reichs (mine)
  • Promises to Keep by Jane Green (library audio book)
  • Driftwood Cottage by Sherryl Woods (library book)
  • The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton (book club book, mine)
Reading Now:
  • Ten Beach Road by Wendy Wax (review book)
  • Cleopatra: A Life by Stacy Schiff (book club book, mine)
Next:
  • The Hundred Secret Senses by Amy Tan (review book) 
  • Elizabeth I by Margaret George (review book)
Reviews completed this past week
Other Posts related to books:
Books for which I need to finish reviews:
  • Deja Dead by Kathy Reichs
  • Promises to Keep by Jane Green
  • Driftwood Cottage by Sherryl Woods
  • The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton
Contest information:
  • None right now - check back soon!

What about you?  What does your reading week look like this week?  Whatever it is, happy reading and have a good week!
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. I have read or am about to read most of these books. You are in for a delightful week. Enjoy. My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/04/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-36.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great selection of books!I want to read loads of your choices :)

    Happy reading,
    Jules

    http://thegreatthegoodandthebad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of your selection but they do look interesting - i think i need to get into audio books more as i have more time to put my ipod on an go!

    Just working on my Monday post now!

    Enjoy the rest of the Bank Holiday :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look as if you had a great week with lots of awesome titles and another one planned. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The title Driftwood Cottage sounds like a wonderful place to live or visit - I will have to check out the book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to read your review of The Forgotten Garden. My book club read this one last year, I struggled reading it and passed it on to someone in my book club.... then I moved. So I didn't finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Jennifer: Thanks!

    @ Jules: Thanks!

    @ Blogabooketc: I just started listening to audio books and am now hooked - I can't get in the car without having one going. I need to look into putting some on my ipod for when I go walking.

    @ Jan: Thanks!

    @ Cinnamon Owl: Driftwood Cottage was a great read - it's the fifth in the Chesapeake Shores series by Sherryl Woods - great light, fun reading!

    @ Mari: I loved The Forgotten Garden so much that I was sad to finish it...I am hoping to have my review up by the end of this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to read your review of The Forgotten Garden! It's been on my wishlist for quite awhile now

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you've read and reviewed some good books :)

    We haven't played Scrabble for a while now, I may just have to get the baord out again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Nikki-ann We hadn't played in a while either - so it was fun to play! When we got married, we registered for the high end game and love playing it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A list of books I haven't heard of (except Cleopatra), sounds like a great week. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Coming up I'll be reading a Harry Harrison book, more manga, more assigned reading for school and whatever else strikes my fancy. Come see what I finished this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like you are going to have a great week! Forgotten Garden has been on my KOBO since Christmas and I am so excited to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you've read some great books. Did you like The Forgotten Garden? After reading The Distant Hours, I am looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Some lovely looking titles there.

    I am looking forward to Wendy Wax's new novel when it comes to UK.

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great books here - checking out your reviews from last week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love interacting with other book lovers and appreciate any thoughts or feedback! If you read a book after seeing my review, please let me know. Come back and leave me a link to your review so I can read it. Thank you!!!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig