Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Audiobook Week 2011: Midweek Meme

June is Audiobook Month and Jen at Devourer of Books is hosting a special week dedicated to audiobooks this week. I'm going to participate as much as I can.

Today's discussion topic is actually a quick meme that you just have to copy and fill in with your own answers.


Current/most recent audiobook: Chasing the Night by Iris Johansen and read by Jennifer Van Dyck

Impressions: I'm really enjoying it. I have been a long-time fan of Iris Johansen's Eve Duncan series and this is latest one (out in Oct of 2010). I had been a little behind in the series and decided to listen to a few - the suspense hooks you and I find myself looking for reasons to get in my car to listen!

Current favorite audiobook: I have two -  House Rules by Jodi Picoult and Lady Elizabeth by Alison Weir. House Rules was read by a great cast of narrators (Mark Turetsky, Nicole Poole, Andy Paris, Rich Orlow, and Christopher Evan Welch) which I think enhanced the story. Lady Elizabeth was read by one narrator (Rosalyn Landor) who did a phenomenal job with the British accent and the use of Old English.

One narrator who always makes you choose audio over print: Still being relatively new to audio books and having only listened to 12 audios so far, I've only experienced a few different narrators but my favorite one so far is Jennifer Van Dyck.

Genre you most often choose to listen to: So far I've enjoyed listening to fiction, young adult and suspense.

If given the choice, you will always choose audio when: I want to reread something or if I think the story will hold my interest via audio.

If given the choice, you will always choose print when: I know it's a book I want to keep on my shelves.

11 comments:

  1. Great post. I think it's fun to listen to something after you've read it because it's like a whole different story sometimes! :o)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Mickey @ imabookshark

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mickey @ imabookshark I think I am going to be doing that with a few books - definitely The Help and The Harry Potter series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a fan of the Eve Duncan series too and for the first time am going to listen to Eve narrated by Jennifer Van Dyck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had audiobooks that have kept me from wanting to get out of the car. In fact, lately I have been looking forward to lunches where I can just sit and listen for an hour. Unfortunately I fear it might be too hot to do that today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to try listening to House Rules. Multiple narrators when done correctly enhances the story for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Nise: I had no idea they put Eve on audio - I love her as a narrator and now I am going to reserve my copy of Eve for my next audio!

    @ Melissa: I had been doing to trainings that were an hour away and I looked forward to the trip just b/c I knew would get in a chunk of listening time!

    @ Leslie: House Rules was so good...and I hear that Sing You Home is also done with multiple narrators.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm getting so many great recommendations from this meme... can't wait to check out Lady Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @JoAnn I am finding the same thing...I've added quite a few new titles to my must-listen-to list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll have to check out Jennifer Van Dyck's books. I'm always on the look out for a great new narrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "If given the choice, you will always choose print when: I know it's a book I want to keep on my shelves."

    That's a great reason. I do struggle selecting books on audio because I have so many in print that I need to read, I don't want to get them in audio because it seems so redundant. I need to do a better job of managing the two.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love interacting with other book lovers and appreciate any thoughts or feedback! If you read a book after seeing my review, please let me know. Come back and leave me a link to your review so I can read it. Thank you!!!

 

Always With a Book Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare