Monday, June 10, 2013

It's Monday...What Are You Reading? (6.10.13)



It’s Monday What Are you Reading , hosted by Sheila, is the perfect way for me to begin my week and allows me to focus on what needs to be read and to see what I have or have not accomplished the previous week. I also enjoy discovering new books by visiting other participants blogs.

Another week has flown by and unfortunately not only did I not get a lot of reading time in, I didn't get much blogging time in, either. This is a super busy time for me at work - I work for Literacy Volunteers and as we approach the end of our year, I need to ensure that our students get tested (adult ed is just like k-12 ed in that we are dependent on testing as a means for funding), plus I need to get all the data in - my alter ego is 'Data Girl!'

The highlight of the week was being able to attend Princeton Library's Beach Reads Night 2013, where I got to meet 6 fabulous authors. (Click on event title and it will take you to my recap of the evening.) Of course, I walked away with the new books from each author plus was able to get them all signed. I love attending author events like this - I just wish there were more near me. While I live relatively close to NYC, it's sometimes quite a hassle to get in and out for short events.


Books Completed last week
  • Innocent Traitor: A Novel of Lady Jane Grey by Alison Weir (library audio book) - car
  • Looking for Me by Beth Hoffman (library book)
Reading Now:  
  • Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight (mine, book club read-along)
  • Fly Away by Kristin Hannah (mine, audio book) - car
  • Come Home by Lisa Scottoline (library audio book) - ipod
Next:    
  • The 9th Girl by Tami Hoag (review e-book)
  • The Apple Orchard by Susan Wiggs (e-book)
  • The Lavendar Garden by Lucinda Riley (review book)
 Reviews Completed last week:
 Other posts related to books:
Books for which I need to finish reviews
  • If You Were Mine by Bella Andre
  • Taking Eve by Iris Johansen
  • Chasing Perfect by Susan Mallery
  • The Surfing Lesson by Elin Hilderbrand 
  • Time Flies by Claire Cook 
  • Innocent Traitor by Alison Weir
  • Looking for Me by Beth Hoffman
Contest information:   

What about you?  What does your reading week look like this week?  Whatever it is, happy reading and have a good week!
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. I know what you mean about being close to NYC but still not getting there much for author events! I wish I could do it more often. Looks like you had a blast at the Princeton bash :-)

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel. My month of June is crazy busy. I can't wait for my kids to finish school! I'm going to check out your author event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been hearing quite a bit about Reconstructing Amelia. I hope you're enjoying it and that the readalong is a blast :)

    Have a fab week and happppppy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can relate to being super busy. Hope this weeks reading is better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to read that new Claire Cook book...enjoy your week! Here's MY MONDAY READING POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a busy time. I hope things settle down once your year is over and you find more time for reading. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I look forward to hearing what you thought of Looking For Me. I really enjoyed that one. I also want to read The Apple Orchard and Sea Glass Island.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I honestly have no idea what I am going to read this week. Seriously my head is on "oh shiny" mode LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read one book by Kristin Hannah and I loved it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I admire how organized you are, Kristin.

    Redwood Bend arrived in today's mail. Thank you very much, Kristin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Didn't you just LOVE Looking for Me?

    I want to read The Apple Orchard. How is Fly Away?

    I received Lavender Garden...I love Lucinda Riley.

    You had a nice week and looks like a good one coming up too.

    ENJOY!!!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday!! What are You Reading?

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look like you have a LOT going on in the reading/blogging part of life. I hope it's all good and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't know much about Reconstructing Amelia but met the author at BEA and now I really want to read her book - looking forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Some of those are also on my tbr pile. I'm reading Close My Eyes by Sophie Mckenzie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love interacting with other book lovers and appreciate any thoughts or feedback! If you read a book after seeing my review, please let me know. Come back and leave me a link to your review so I can read it. Thank you!!!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig