Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Year in Review: 2013



2013 has been a great year. I've been blogging for almost four years now and am always humbled when I read your comments and see that I have new followers. Thank you to all who visit my blog.

This year has been a year of many new things for me and my blog. I've joined a few online book clubs (She Reads and Book Lovers Unite) and made many new bloggy book friends as a result. I also joined the world of twitter!!! There were quite a few authors I got to meet this year and I hope that continues in 2014.

My top reads of 2013 are (in no particular order):

So, here are my stats for 2013. Overall, I completed 160 books (that includes audio books) which is the most I have ever read in one year! I also participated in some fun challenges that caused me to alter some of my reading habits - all for the good.

Challenges participated in that have ended:

Goal: 100+ books
Completed: 125 books (did not include audio books in this challenge)

Goal: 50 library books
Completed: 50 books

Goal: 30 books
Completed: 11 books

Tea & Books Reading Challenge
Goal: 2
Completed: 0

First Reads Reading Challenge
Goal: 11
Completed: 39 
 
Classics Reading Challenge
Goal: 2
Completed: 1
Goal: 25
Completed: 25

E-Book Reading Challenge
Goal: 25
Completed: 47

Goal: 10
Completed: 6 + 7 additional

Goal: 3
Completed: 2 + 2 additional

Goal: 13
Completed: 10

Goal: 26
Completed: 36

Goal: 12
Completed: 6


Of the 12 year-long reading challenges that I participated in for 2013, I completed 6. While I started to freak out about this back in November when I realized I wasn't going to finish a bunch of them, I decided to just let it go. After all, I did read quite a lot of books - and with some of the reading challenges, I crushed the goal, so in the end, I'm very happy with my results.

In the next few days I will be adding the challenges that I plan on participating in during 2014 - they are a combination of ones I've done before and some new ones. Some of these I sign up for merely to help me keep track of what I read - for instance, how many audio books I listen to in a year or how many e-books I read in a year. I also use one to track how many books (print or e-books) I read and don't include audio in that one. Others are more to challenge myself to read certain types of books - for instance, chunksters or the classics -  books I might be a bit more hesitant to pick up.

Thank you again to all my readers - I love reading and sharing with you my thoughts on the books I read. I also love reading all your blogs. I look forward to seeing what 2014 brings for my reading.
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Wow!!! 160 books is amazing. I'm so thrilled we hooked up via twitter and blogging. I need to look, ha ha I think I was doing 2 challenges and likely didn't succeed. I know my biggest challenge is reading from my own shelves. I have so many good books. Love your list, enjoyed many of those as well. Here's to 2014 and more good books!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed many of the same books as you (but not as many!) I am reading The House Girl now. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an awesome year for you. Looking forward to the rest of your 2014 posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You had a fantastic reading year! I read three books on your top list and I see we share the same reading tastes because all the rest are on my wish list. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic year in reading! Congrats and I wish you the best of luck in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Happy New Year :) I am a day behind on that but alas between new porch cover/being sick I am behind already this year LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love interacting with other book lovers and appreciate any thoughts or feedback! If you read a book after seeing my review, please let me know. Come back and leave me a link to your review so I can read it. Thank you!!!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig