Saturday, January 31, 2015

#FitReaders: Weekly Check-in January 30




Winter sure is making it tough to get outside and walk lately!!! We had 2 snowstorms this past week and it definitely doesn't make me very anxious to go outdoors. We're due for more snow this coming week, plus really cold temps, but I must make myself get to the gym at least 3 times - I need to get back to a regular routine and get some speed walks in this week!
 
Here's how my week went:  

Jan 24:  rest day (3613 steps)
Jan 25:  rest day (4009 steps)
Jan 26:  45 minute indoor walking plus 30 minutes shoveling snow (10,152 steps)
Jan 27:  45 minute indoor walking (10,359 steps)

Jan 28:  2 hours indoor walking (15,090 steps)

Jan 29:  45 minute indoor walking (8,045 steps)
Jan 30:  45 minute indoor walking plus 30 minutes shoveling snow (13,582 steps)



Audiobooks listened to this week: Dust to Dust by Tami Hoag narrated by David Colacci.
 
How did your week go? You can find this week's link-up here.



SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Way to go! You did a lot of walking this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say you did good this week. Hope the weather cooperates at some point!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an ok week...would have loved to get in a training walk (for the 1/2 marathon) but just didn't get to it.

      Delete
  3. That weather is sure an exercise blocker - but you did well indoors and got heaps in. Shovelling snow would get the heart rate up too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is...I love walking outdoors whenever I can, but brutally cold temps and the snow make it a bit difficult! Yes - shoveling is definitely a good cardio workout!!!

      Delete
  4. You did great getting those steps in and shovelling snow is a work out! Hope the weather improves soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we are in the for long haul with winter - another storm today and more on the way later in the week! Oh well...just means I need to make my way to the gym instead of relying on outdoor walks!

      Delete
  5. Yay for getting lots of steps in even during snowstorms! Dust to Dust sounds like a good one! I'll have to check that one out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dust to Dust is the 2nd in Tami Hoag's Kovac/Liska series and it's really good so far!

      Delete
  6. 2 hour indoor walking, go you! I fear I would be bored ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was catching up on my tv shows, so it wasn't too bad :)

      Delete
  7. Great week and I hope the weather gets better for you. Even on your rest day you got a lot of steps in. I hope you have a great week =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always try to get at least 5k steps on my rest days - some days it's easy to do, and some days not so much. Having 2 dogs means I at least get in a few walks every day!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love interacting with other book lovers and appreciate any thoughts or feedback! If you read a book after seeing my review, please let me know. Come back and leave me a link to your review so I can read it. Thank you!!!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig