Sunday, November 15, 2015

#FitReaders: Weekly Check-in November 13


      
This week was a pretty good week. I made it to the gym twice - once to work out with a trainer. My gym gives you one free session when you renew your membership so I used my session this week. The trainer really listened to what I wanted. I'm quite intimidated by all the machines on the floor, so we focused on using just one machine that I could do most exercises from. It was a great session - we ended up doing a total body workout in an hour and I was so sore the next two days!!! 

This week and next week, FitBit is donating $1million to across 3 charities with #FitForGood - all you have to do is sign up and select a charity - American Heart Association, MS (National Multiple Sclerosis Society), American Diabetes Association. All your steps will be counted and the charity with the most steps will be given $500,000, the 2nd place charity will be given $350,000 and the 3rd place charity will be given $150,000. If you have a fitbit, have you signed up to contribute your steps? So far, as of this morning, 11.09 billion steps have been counted...

 
Here's how my week went: 
 
 
Nov  7:  5,460 steps
Nov  8:  6,025 steps
Nov  9:  45 minutes on treadmill at gym,
14,848 steps 
Nov 10:  2 mile walk, 13,590 steps
Nov 11:  2 mile walk, 11,674 steps

Nov 12:  30 minutes on treadmill, 1 hour session w/ trainer, 11,757 steps
Nov 13: 
30 minute walk outside, 10,804 steps
 
 
Audiobooks listened to this week: 

  • Finished Center of Gravity by Laura McNeill, narrated by Lisa Larsen
  • Started The Last Girl by Jane Casey, narrated by Sarah Coomes

How did your week go? You can find this week's link-up here.

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Great week and marvellous to have time with personal trainer to set you up. Thanks for your comment on my post re shoes. I am definitely going to need to change them much sooner than I have been doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... thanks for the info about the challenge. I didn't know about it. I'll go look into it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great week for you! Thanks for the heads up, I had no idea fitbit were doing that, how awesome. Heading over to sign up now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. darn only US residents can take part. Great win for charity whatever the placing ... good luck :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love interacting with other book lovers and appreciate any thoughts or feedback! If you read a book after seeing my review, please let me know. Come back and leave me a link to your review so I can read it. Thank you!!!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig