Sunday, March 12, 2017

#FitReaders: Weekly Check-in March 10


 

 
So, the BIG WALK has come and gone...and it was amazing!!! I did the walk with my mom - and even though we don't get to train together (she lives in NC and I live in NY) we walk the same pace, so it works well. The weather was perfect - the walk was down in Savannah, GA and all 3 days were fantastic - chilly morning starts, but it ended up warming up quite nicely! 

This was my 2nd time doing the walk and last time, I had sprained my ankle 3 months prior, so I didn't train as well. This time, I was prepared. I felt great - a little sore and some tight muscles, but other than that, I felt like a rockstar!!! All those long training walks and even just the short walks every day really paid off.

So now, that the walk is over...I need to figure out what I want my fitness regiment to be. I know I want to go back to yoga, possibly a few times a week. I just need to try out the classes at the gym - they switched up the teachers and I'm not sure about them. 


 
March Goals: 

  • 10K steps M-F, at least 7,500 steps on the weekend
  • 30 minutes of active walking every day, M-F
  • Eat mindfully/eat enough )
        
Here's how my last 2 weeks went:    
Feb 25:  10,137 steps
Feb 26:  8,220 steps

Feb 27:  26,008 steps (10K+ - 10 Charity Miles for MS)
Feb 28:  25,443 steps
(10K+ - 8 Charity Miles for MS)
Mar  1:  6,692 steps
(30 min fitness walk)
Mar  2:  4
,693 steps (30 min fitness walk)
Mar  3:  47
,766 steps (21.5 Miles - 1st Day of Challenge Walk MS)

Total Steps: 128,959 steps
Mar  4:  43,799 steps (18.5 Miles - 2nd Day of Challenge Walk MS)
Mar  5:  26,105 steps (10 Miles - 3rd Day of Challenge Walk MS)

Mar  6:  4,660 steps 
Mar  7:  7,597 steps
 
Mar  8:  6,348 steps

Mar  9:  9
,115 steps 
Mar 10:  9
,154 steps 

Total Steps: 106,778 steps


 
Audiobooks listened to last week (since I'm not much of a music fan, I listen to books while I walk):

  • Started & Finished The River at Night by Erica Ferencik, narrated by Joy Osmanski
  • Finished Night Sins by Tami Hoag, narrated by Jennifer VanDyck

How did your week go? You can find this week's link-up here.




Virtual 5K /10K Tally:
     January:                               May:                             September:   
           5K  -  4                                  5K  -                                    5K  - 
         10K  -  7                                10K  -                                  10K  - 
     February:                             June:                            October:

           5K  -  4                                  5K  -                                    5K  - 
         10K  -  9                                10K  -                                 10K  -   
     March:                                  July:                             November:
           5K  -  0                                  5K  -                                    5K  - 
         10K  -                                10K  -                                  10K  - 
     April:                                    August:                        December:
           5K  -                                     5K  -                                    5K  - 
         10K  -                                    10K  -                                  10K  - 



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Another teacher is always hard, that is why I did not like zumba at first

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all those steps!!! I know I've said it before, but I am really proud of you and your mom. Thank you for raising $$ for such a worth-while cause!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love interacting with other book lovers and appreciate any thoughts or feedback! If you read a book after seeing my review, please let me know. Come back and leave me a link to your review so I can read it. Thank you!!!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig